These steaks are soaked in a teriyaki based glaze with a few spices and wrapped with extra thick slices of pork bacon.
- 8 steaks
- 1 package of extra thick sliced pork bacon
Oil & Vinegars
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Condiments & Sauces
- 1/8 cup of Low Sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 bottle of Teriyaki baste & glaze
- 1/8 cup of Teriyaki sauce & marinade
Spices & Herbs
- 1 & 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Heat oven to 375
- Wash the meat with cool water and vinegar and rinse well
- Add all of dried ingredients first and mix
- Now add your soy sauce, teriyaki glaze and teriyaki sauce. Mix until all the pieces of beef are evenly coated.
- Cover the meat with foil and let it sit for at least 3 hours or overnight. I prefer overnight as I feel the meat absorbs more of the marinade.
- Wrap each beef chuck with a slice of bacon. Use the thread to hold it together. Make sure it’s tight enough so it does not fall apart while baking.
- Place the beef chucks on a sheet pan at least an inch apart and bake for 45-60min (according to how tender you would like your meat)
- Let the meat sit for a little before you cut into it. Enjoy!
I absolutely love this recipe and so does hubby. I made it up one night when we didn’t have anything in the house to cook. I love serving this with seasoned roasted potatoes! You can check out that recipe on my blog too 🙂