The holiday season is my absolute favorite because folks are friendlier, ‘it’s the season of giving, the air is cool and calm, we’re all bundled up in our coziest clothing, sipping delicious holiday inspired drinks in festive cups, and let’s not forget to mention the Christmas songs and all of the twinkling lights! Because it all makes for the loveliest time of year!
Can you believe 2020 starts in 37 days!? I know we’re all busy preparing for Thanksgiving, getting the guest bedrooms ready for our family members, putting up our Christmas trees, and writing our Christmas lists and checking it twice.
However, we are all so wrapped up in creating and hosting “the perfect holiday” that we forget how amazing it really is. I’m not saying we’re not grateful, but it’s nice to stop and think about how lucky we are.
Fortunate are the individuals who can have Thanksgiving dinner with their families, who can afford to put food on the table and a roof over their heads, who can stay warm during the coldest time of year, who have people that love and support them, and who have jobs that allow them to spend holidays with their family.
2019 has been a wonderful year for the Douglas family and I’m proud of all that we’ve done and how far we’ve come. I decided to sit down and write a list about all that I’m thankful for. I believe everyone should take a moment and write down what they are thankful for, because sometimes we need a little reminder.
35 Things I Am Thankful For in 2019:
- My little family.
- Celebrating my daughters second year of life.
- Giving birth to another beautiful, charming, and wonderful daughter.
- Breastfeeding my daughter (5 months and counting!)
- Learning how to live a dairy, soy, and egg free life.
- The ability to cook and feed my family.
- Being able to stay home and raise both of my daughters.
- Watching my daughters learn, grow, and experience life.
- Hubby starting his dream job.
- Celebrating another anniversary and year of togetherness with my husband.
- My husband.
- My family’s health and happiness.
- Celebrating another year of life, cheers to 26!
- All of the wonderful opportunities this blog and social media has brought me.
- My iPhone for capturing all of the beautiful moments and allowing me to stay in contact with my family and friends.
- My car for taking me everywhere I need to go, like my daughters appointments and grocery shopping.
- My elliptical because without it I would go insane (thanks babe!)
- Having a healthy heart, great eyesight, able limbs, and a sharp mind.
- Having a roof over our heads, a warm bed, and food in our fridge.
- Furnishing our apartment.
- The relationship I have with my mother-in-law.
- The wonderful relationship between my daughters and their grandparents.
- Having both of my parents in my life.
- The relationship between my older sister and I, we may annoy each other but I love being able to talk to her.
- Being able to spend the holidays with my whole family.
- My best friends, life has changed throughout the years but we’re still in each other’s life.
- Being able to cook a feast for my family and friends to enjoy.
- Starbucks. Don’t judge me, I need coffee.
- My ninja coffee machine. Did I mention I need coffee?
- Target, because how fun is the dollar spot?
- For the men women who fight for our freedom.
- For cops, firefighters, EMT, and all other first responders.
- Working in the dental field and meeting so many amazing people.
- All of the new experiences I’ve had and places I’ve visited.
- Life, I am beyond thankful and grateful to live another year of life and spend it with all whom I love.
What are you thankful for?
A thankful mama