My first bite of cornbread with creamy corn was at my husbands grandmothers house, it was the creamiest and most delicious corn bread I ever had! She’s from down south and the food that she’s served always has that extra bit of flavor. I set out to recreate an allergen-friendly version.
This vegan cornbread recipe is budget friendly, simple, and a wonderful side dish at any dinner!
Vegan Cornbread with Creamed Corn
- 2 Boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 cans of cream style corn
- 2/3 cups applesauce
- 2/3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients and get rid of clumps.
- Pour the applesauce and unsweetened almond milk into the dry ingredients and mix well, you won’t be able to get rid of all clumps because the creamed corn.
- Pour the mixture into your pan and bake for 30 minutes or until the edges become brown.
- Serve warm! 🙂
This delicious corn bread can be served any time of the year, but it’s the perfect addition to a cozy meal like that served during Thanksgiving.