A perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table! The creamy sweet corn, moist cornbread, and vegan butter, all come together to create a wonderful savory side dish.
I first tried cornbread with corn at my husbands grandmothers house, two years ago. I wasn’t following a dairy, soy, and egg free lifestyle at the time because I was still pregnant with Katya and unaware of her allergies.
However, I couldn’t stop thinking about that delicious cornbread and I knew I had to recreate the recipe to fit my dietary needs while still hitting all the wonderful notes.
I used your traditional corn muffin boxed mix and replaced the eggs with applesauce, the butter with vegan and soy-free butter, and the milk with almond milk. I also added an additional can of creamed corn to make it even more flavorful. I think the bits of corn are my fave part!
Vegan Cornbread with Creamed Corn
- 2 Boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2/3 Cups Organic Applesauce
- 2/3 cups Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp of Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp Earth Balance Vegan & Soy Free Butter
- 13in x 9in non-stick baking pan
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease your baking pan with 1TBSP of your vegan butter.
- Empty the dry contents into a large bowl and whisk to get rid of clumps. Add your pinch of salt and 2TBSP of organic cane sugar.
- Pour your organic applesauce and unsweetened almond milk into the large bowl and mix until all clumps are gone.
- Melt your vegan butter in the microwave or stove top and whisk it into the corn bread mix.
- Pour all of your contents into your pan and bake until the edges become golden brown.
- Serve warm! 🙂
This delicious corn bread can be served any time of the year, but it’s the perfect addition to a cozy meal like that served during Thanksgiving.
I hope you enjoy my recipe!