Habichuelas Guisadas is an easy and quick meal to make! It involves a few staple spices such as: Adobo, Sofrito and Sazon. You can eat this as a side with Spanish white rice and chicken or pork chops, you can even add canned salchichas (sausages) and they are great as an addition!
- 2 packets of Sazon
- 1.5 tbsp of Adobo
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 8oz can of Goya Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sofrito
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 5 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 can of red beans
- Heat your EVOO in a large pot, when the oil is hot add your sofrito, tomato sauce and all of your spices. Stir it occasionally until it thickens.
- After the ingredients thicken, add your chopped potatoes and red beans. Add enough water to cover all of the potatoes
- Let it all simmer together for about 20mins until the water boils down slightly.
- Serve with Spanish white rice.