I experimented in the kitchen and came up with this recipe (as I do all of my recipes) but I’m proud of this one and I’m going to attempt to do it again soon, but with a few twists.
This is my version of cubed steak with peppers. I always saw this interesting cut of meat when I went grocery shopping and I knew it had to be made into something delicious, here is my recipe:
- 3lbs cubed steak
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 3 tbsp Sofrito
- 1 packet of Sazon
- 2 tbsp Adobo
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 potatoes (cut into 4 pieces)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 8oz can Goya tomato sauce
- Heat your EVOO in a large pot add your sofrito and sauté.
- Add your sliced red and green bell peppers, onions, and all of your spices and cook until softened.
- After the spices have simmered for about 2mins with the chopped peppers and onions, add your cubed steak.
- Throw your minced garlic cloves on top of your cubed steak, add your bay leaves, and potatoes.
- Add enough water to cover all of the steaks and cover.
- Let the meat simmer for 40mins and check if you need to add more water. You can add cornstarch or flour to it if you like a thicker mixture.
- Serve alone or with Puerto-Rican Rice and Beans (Arroz com Gandules).